Remembering the past is just as planning for the future in my opinion. Although this may be cliche, it is important not to repeat the mistakes of the past. During this series, Historical Happenings, I want to share with you some facts about history that was made that day. I found these events on History.com.
On January 5th, 1933, construction on the Golden Gate Bridge began.
3. If the bridge was to be built today it would cost $1.2 billion.
4. The bridge spans 4,200 feet (between towers) and was the longest in the world until 1964.
6. One of the achitects was Irving Morrow.
8. The bridge connects the city of San Francisco and the county of Marin.
9. It is one of the seven wonders of the modern world.
10. The Golden Gate Bridge is the most photographed bridge in the world.